My mom recently saw a little blurb on TV from UEN.com about infant massage and its benefits for me and Hayden.
Some great benefits for me are:
• It will help Hayden and I bond together and make him adore me even more!!!.
• Massage encourages pre-verbal communication between Hayden and I
• I will feel better and know I’m doing everything I can to help Hayd
• Provides one-on-one quiet time or interactive (hello nice relaxing quiet time?! heck yes)
• Creates a regular time of intimacy between Hayden and I (or daddy when I teach him!)
• It will help me understand Hayden's unique rhythms and patterns
• Teaches me how to read their Hayden's cues and recognize their states of awareness
• Provides a positive way for daddy to interact with Hayden. He works all day and so Hayden doesn't get to play and bond with him as much as he is with me.
The great benefits for Hayden:
• Provides a special time of communication that fosters love, compassion, and respect
• Improves general well-being
• Provides an intimate time for Hayden to confide in me
• Improves overall functioning of the gastrointestinal tract (helps get rid of all his yucky painful air bubbles in his tummy)
• Promotes relaxation and will help Hayden to self-regulate calmly, which reduces crying
• Helps to normalize muscle tone
• Improves circulation
• Enhances immune system function (since he has already gotten sick twice in 8 weeks! sweet if I can help his immune system)
• Improves midline orientation
• Helps to improve sensory and body awareness
• Enhances neurological development
• Will help Hayden to sleep deeper and more soundly (um HELLO! heck yes! I need a good night sleep just as much as him, my brain doesn't function the way it use too)
• Helps to increase oxygen and nutrient flow to cells. Improves respiration
• Helps to improve pain management; can relieve discomfort from teething,
• Helps with congestion, gas, and colic
• Enhances release of hormones in the body. The growth hormone can be stimulated which helps weight gain.
• Reduces levels of cortisol, the stress hormone
• Provides all of the essential indicators of intimate parent-infant bonding and attachment: eye-to-eye, touch, voice, smell, movement, and thermal regulation.
• Stimulates all of the physiological systems. Massage sparks the neurons in their brains to grow and branch out to encompass other neurons.
Ok so I'm not terribly smart, but I think all of these are GREAT, FABULOUS things! I really looked into this infant massage stuff, I found this previous list from:
http://www.lovingtouch.com/about-infant-baby-massage?gclid=CLSZzZje_ZgCFQkzawodfmU5lg they have lots of great info about infant massage if you wanna check it out.
So during my research I found a certified massage instructor. Her name is Michelle. She is certified through Infant massage USA. I found her through http://www.infantmassageusa.org/ which is also a great place to find info about infant massage.
She has no classes going right now, but would love to get one going. She charges $40 for the class which includes oil. There are 3 classes once a week. For right now I’m going to be doing it by myself. But I would love for any of you mommies to join me! I’m still getting some info from the instructor. We don't have a certain day or time yet. She mentioned she could come to my home or I could go to hers. If we do it at mine maybe I can make some treats for everyone for after! So if you are interested in Infant massage let me know! Message me through here or you can email me at email@example.com
I’ll keep you posted on new info, but let me know if you are interested!
Ok so drum roll please..........
YAY! My wedding ring finally fits after 4 almost 5 months! M fingers swelled up sooo much, (and pretty much everywhere else) when I was pregnant with Hayden. It’s so nice to be able to wear it again. I love looking at it so much and thinking of Cory and I. And it makes me feel good to know my body is slowly but surely getting back to "normal."
Hayden's blessing is this Sunday! I can't believe it's here already. I am so excited but stressing out a tad (ok so I never stress out a tad, I go for it! So replace tad for A LOT). I am praying he starts to feel better. He has a yucky cold AGAIN! I can't believe it. I don't understand how he gets sick, we don't go anywhere and I make everyone wash their hands all the time. No fevers this time though, thank goodness. Just a ridiculously stuffy nose and a yucky cough and sneezes. Poor boy, I have to suck his little nose out all the time. I am a pro booger sucker outer. I am so excited for all of our family to finally be able to come and meet him. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. No spit up or blow out diapers on his cute blessing outfit and hopefully he won't scream the whole blessing. And hopefully we have a enough food for our family to eat after the blessing.
I love Hayden so much! I can't believe he is already 2 months tomorrow and will be blessed on Sunday. He is so stinkin handsome and is getting so big (he weighed 13 lbs when we took him to the doctor yesterday for his cold!!!). I hope you all have a great weekend. And remember to let me know if you are interested in the massage class. I don't think there is an age limit for your little kiddos in the class but I’ll let you know when I got more info!
HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!