Thursday, October 30, 2008
I have had the worst back pain EVER on just my right side behind my ribs for a few days. Then I started cramping up front... I didn't worry too much about it because I thought it was my belly just getting more large and in charge. Then yesterday morning I woke up at 3:30 am throwing up and I had the worst headache ever, I was light headed and my back pain was through the roof. I finally got back to bed and fell asleep for a little bit. I still was super nauseous that morning and breakfast didn't stay down for long either... I wondered if I was revisiting the nasty morning sickness phase or if I had caught a yucky flu bug. I decided to call my doctor just to make sure. My doctor decided to have me come in just to check it all out. After all the usual doctor stuff: weigh in, pee in a cup, blood pressure, the doctor came in. And PHEW Hayden's heartbeat is strong, but Dr. S informs me he thinks I'm passing a kidney stone and it’s a big one! Oh Joy! He also said many women get kidney stones around this time of their pregnancy, oh BIGGER joy! I left with some nausea medicine and some Percocet for the outrageous back pain. I felt so bad taking stuff to help me because I worry what it will do to Hayden. But it is one of the worst pains EVER! And I am so so nauseous. The medicines helped a ton and I was able to relax and get some sleep. I go back into the Doctor today at 1:30 for an ultrasound on my kidneys, and then I go back to the doctor Friday to discuss the results with my doctor. If it’s not a huge fatty kidney stone is a really bad kidney infection. If I don't start keeping at least water down I will probably get to be admitted til I can be rehydrated and the stone passes. I REALLY don't want to be admitted! Kidney stones or infection either way it hurts and I feel terrible. OH and apparently labor and delivery will be a breeze after this... who knows? So after all this settles down, hopefully sooner than later... I will be able to blog about my fabulous weekend and our friends baby Olivia!
Everyone have a Happy Halloween! I can't believe it's here already!!!
(and don't worry if I do give birth a kidney stone I won't name it and post a bunch of pictures of it, that would be yucky)
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Trav wouldn't let me take a picture of him with his sling and stuff... that's much to embarassing... He is so handsome and I love him to death! I hope he gets better soon...
This week I have been a little busier helping out Trav with his poor broken collar bone and I have been completely sucked in with the Twilight Series. Thank goodness for Edward and Bella, however I am at a part in the second book that makes me want to pull my hair out...
Anyway, recently I have been going crazy! And not my normal stressed out worry crazy, that’s to be expected. This crazy is like a, I can't stay busy enough crazy! I am so tired of being inside, cabin fever crazy!!!! I am going to lose my mind... The bigger I get the less I am gonna be able to move around and do stuff and I think I just might go insane. I do the usual day stuff: shower, eat, get ready, etc then I make my random lists, do the dishes and other random cleaning stuff, blog, check my email ANYTHING to stay busy. I am ridiculously tired of TV and I really should stop looking/shopping for baby junk online. Now I know I should be taking full advantage of this extra free time I have in my life right now because in 3 months it will come to a screeching halt! But I am going nuts!! It really makes me miss the kids I worked with in California and all my friends. I love that Cory and I are back in Utah and are close to my family. I really missed them and hanging out with them. But I miss California a little, I miss that I won't be able to wear flip flops and flats much longer, I miss my "girl time" lunches, dinners, and shopping days..... I'm gonna see one of my good friends from California that lives in Orem this weekend. I am so excited! I love hanging out with Cory, but there are sometimes I just want to be with another girl for that estrogen bonding I guess. I'm glad Trav will get better soon and will go back to school then I will be... "All by myself..."(like from the song...like I said I'm losing my mind.) So tomorrow I think I will go find something crafty for me to make so I can keep myself from going totally insane.
Oh and something funny. Hayden has been having all sorts of parties in my belly and is pretty feisty whenever anything touches or pushes on my belly. He will instantly kick or hit away whatever has invaded “his” territory. The other night Cory laid his head on the side of my belly and Hayden almost immediately kicked him in the face repetitively 2 or 3 times. It was way funny; Cory grounded him to staying in my belly for 2 more months. Ha ha ha. I don’t think Hayden will be to upset about that; he seems pretty content in there. I hope his feistiness now isn’t a precursor of what I need to expect in the future…
Monday, October 20, 2008
So I've done it… I have finally decided on what Hayden will sleep on, his bedding set I mean. I am not sure why I have been obsessing over it. Probably one, because I obsess over anything and everything just because I can. Two, my hormones lately have been through the roof; I've been having mood swings all over the place. I hate that sometimes I can't control my own emotions. They have started to calm down now that I am a little more into trimester 3.(thank goodness I have such a patient and loving husband who has seen my crazy mood swings up close and personal) And three, probably cause this is my first baby and I worry about what he does or doesn't have way more than I should. In the one part of my head, the “normal,” sane part, I know all he is really gonna want is me to hold him and love him and feed him and all that basic necessity stuff. But the other crazy and irrational part of my head thinks my little newborn is going to be not very pleased with his nursery and other baby products we have for him. Yes I know this is totally insane, and I am finally swallowing the fact that he really isn't going to care at all. And that he isn't going to remember what he wore or was sleeping in when he was a few weeks old years from now. I guess just being a mom I have that natural instinct that I want him to have the very best of everything that I can possibly give him. I love this little boy so much already it’s overwhelming sometimes. I can't wait to finally have him hear with Cory and I.
So, without further ado the bedding winner I picked is.... NEITHER of the two I asked peoples opinion about! Ha ha ha... I happened to find this other one that is plainer and not patterned with boats, planes, cars etc... I have seen it before but thought Cory would hate it. I decided to show it to him anyway and he shocked me saying he really liked it, a lot! So that’s the one we will go with. He surprises me sometimes with the things he does and doesn’t like. It kinda drives me crazy sometimes but he always keeps me on my toes, its one of the reasons I love him so much. And my sister in law made a good point that if the bedding isn't themed too then it would be easier to transition his room to something else once I am absolutely tired of looking at cars. So thanks everyone for your opinions and input. And also being patient with my crazy, psycho, obsessive mommy side. Here is a picture of the winner. You can click on it to see it up close if you want and what it comes with! Its way cute and I am very happy and content with our selection.
So the other part of my blog title is "my other new love." I have big news for all of you out there... DRUM ROLL PLEASE........ I bought the first book of the Twilight series at Sam's Club the other day! I started it yesterday and couldn't put it down! I am already half way done, it is so fantastic, and I love it so much. I will be done with the whole thing either by late tonight or tomorrow and then I'm rushing back to Sam’s or Wal-Mart or somewhere to get the second book! I love to read and I haven't really read in a long time. This was a great book to get me jump started on reading again. So thank you to all who have peer pressured me into reading this series. I was so put off by the fact I heard it was about vampires... But everyone I am totally in love with Edward. I told Cory that the other night and he just rolled his eyes at me. I then had to make it clear that I still love him very much as well. :) If he can have his ESPN, I am having my Twilight...Stephanie Meyers is such a great writer, I am absolutely enthralled with this book. So now it's my turn to put the pressure on to anyone who hasn't started reading these absolutely FABULOUS books! GET THEM, READ THEM, LOVE THEM! I got my first book at Sam's Club for 7 bucks! And I know it’s at Wal-Mart for 8... You can't beat that deal!
I'm so glad I am finally part of this "cool club," that shares my new found love for these books and Edward. Whoever is going to the movie this November please let me know! I am not totally sure if I’ll be able to get Cory to go with me :) So everyone I'm off to finish my first book! Hope everyone had a delightful weekend!
Friday, October 17, 2008
So I went to the doctor and Hayden is still in there. He is healthy and happy. I also had my glucose test and a flu shot. Hopefully the results from my test will come back soon. It is my last BIG test before he gets here... other than the strep culture thing.... eishhh that sounds fun. 4 more weeks till my next visit then its every 2 weeks after that... This is all going by so fast! It's kinda crazy! And can I just vent about how much I hate having to be weighed every time I go. I know gaining some weight is good, and it’s all for a good cause... but every time I step on the scale I am always like, "I GAINED HOW MUCH!" It's always this huge shock to me... and I am just waiting for the nurse to be say, "Oh... wow... well ok, step down fatty, here is your cup for the next fun part of the visit." I just hope eventually my body will go back to at least its semi normal state, and my uterus will not stay the size of a basketball forever. Oh and apparently this last stretch of pregnancy it’s normal to gain like 11 more pounds... oh yay? (oh and apparently “the magic sheet,” from my dream, that makes you fall asleep and then boom baby… doesn’t exist. Medicine hasn’t come that far yet… bummer. For those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about a post about my dream is before this one :) )
My mom is off for UEA and it has been sooo fun hanging out and going shopping with her! We went to Sam's club and I got my very own membership, I am so excited. Especially since while we were there we found a big thing of Dreft and other fun baby things. (Yes I think that finding Dreft is fun, I'm not really sure why.) We also found some cute little baby clothes there. The next day we went to Shopko and we got Hayden's crib! It was on sale and I am so excited about it. It is a darker-ish brown color, it’s a 4 in 1 crib and at the bottom of it there is a drawer for all my extra blanket, sheet and baby needs! The drawer is my favorite part. As soon as we get it up I’ll take a picture. We also went to Wal-Mart and got some bibs and sleepers and blankets and a thermometer, my first thing of newborn diapers and wipes, all sorts of things. I love spending time with my mom, it’s so fun. By the end of the day we were both extremely tired. I didn't realize what 5 hours of shopping and being pregnant does to your feet and back. Thanks so much mom for spending the day with me and helping me find things for Hayden! I am so thankful for you, I don’t know what I would do without you, and especially now that I’m gonna be a mommy! You’re the best, Love you!
I'm in my last trimester, so weird... I never thought it would come. I'm slowly building up my baby paraphernalia and slowly losing my mind... I don't remember anything! Everything goes in one ear and out the other. I carry around a notebook with me all the time anyway, but I use it ALL the time now! I have to write things down or I will totally forget. Hayden is stealing all my brain cells so hopefully he will be really smart, but he just might have a brain dead mama. I am now a list freak! A list for groceries, a list of baby things still to get, a list of baby things I already have so I know how many sleepers and clothes I have of what size, a list of things I want so hopefully the law of attraction will work in my favor... a list for everything...
Cory and I are going to attempt registering next week too to start preparing for the baby shower. I figured I had better get on that since everyone will be getting crazy busy with the holidays coming up. I also have found to bedding sets I like to go with my transportation slash Dr. Seuss, "Oh the places you'll go..." theme.... I can't decide what bedding set I like more though... I think I've looked at them so many times I have no opinion anymore... if anyone wants to give me their opinion Ill be more than grateful. Just click on the link...
The first one is: www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5715135#Accessories+to+Buy
And the second one is: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6958807
Thanks so much everyone for your patience with my ramblings... Everyone have a fabulous weekend!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
I've been having crazy dreams ever since I've been pregnant. But last night I had one of those dreams when you wake up and it takes you a minute to figure out that it really didn't happen even though it seemed pretty real.
I dreamt that I was in the hospital and I was about to have Hayden. The nurse came in and did all the prep stuff to get me ready and then she put a sheet over me and in my dream I fell asleep and woke up and BAM there was Hayden. I didn't remember any of the pushing or pain or anything. Then Cory and I took Hayden home and all my family was there having a party. So while Hayden was sleeping I went out the party and was back to my "normal," pre pregnant self. I wasn’t sore or anything. I was just really happy to have my little guy there with me. But when I woke up and finally came out of that tired delusional state I was kinda sad he wasn't here yet... It was cool holding him in my dream and seeing his little nose, fingers and toes. I haven't even met him yet and I love him so much!
I have a Doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'm 28 weeks today and tomorrow I will have my glucose, pregnant diabetes test. I don’t have to drink that nasty orange soda-y stuff though. My doctor just lets me drink a Sprite a half hour before! But I always get so anxious before my Doctor visits. I just want him to still be ok and healthy and happy in there. I feel him kick all the time and I am slowly losing my belly button. :) It’s so weird seeing my big round belly sometimes. Maybe I'll suggest how I had Hayden in my dream to my Doctor tomorrow. Maybe we can work something out where I can just fall asleep for a sec and then there is Hayden.....that probably won’t work out though….
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Cory and I gave our "Marriage Standards" lesson to the young women. It went well, I am relieved that it's over and it didn't put me into labor. ;) I was so stressed about what to say to them. The world bombards them everyday with such filth and so many temptations. Cory and I prayed about it for a long time though so I felt prepared, but I had him give me a blessing because I was still so nervous. It helped so much, I'm so grateful to be married to a worthy priesthood holder. We had prepared all this stuff that I wanted to talk about and it all went out the door. Well, a lot of it. I think that's how it usually goes, you never have enough time to say everything you want and thank goodness for the spirit that kinda just put words in my mouth to say. I feel like we did a good job. I hope that we made some kind of a impact on them.
It was kind of surreal talking to them. I was just in Young Women's 4 years ago and now I'm giving the lesson on marriage and I am going to be a mother soon! I never thought that this day would come while I was sitting in Y/W listening to all the lessons every week.
I'm so grateful that Cory and I got to do this lesson. (Thanks Aunt Tanya, for asking us! Love you!) It helped remind me how important the temple is and that we should always be working to go back. I'm grateful that I have a sweet husband that was worthy to take me to the temple so we could start our "forever family." Thanks Cory for being so patient with me while preparing for this lesson, and in general really. He always does all he can to help and support me, even more so now that I'm pregnant and only have about 13 more weeks! He is going to be a really great daddy.
Friday, October 10, 2008
I’m so excited about my new high chair and stroller/carrier combo thing. I love looking at them, especially the carrier and realizing my little baby will be in there.... in one of his cute new outfits. It's so exciting and surreal and kinda scary at the same time. I'm 6 months along right now, my tummy is getting out there and my belly button is getting flatter and flatter... And soon it will be Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas and then BOOM! Hayden's Birthday... He is going to be here super fast... CRRAZZZY! I'm excited to finally meet him and hold him. It chokes me up just thinking about it.
Here are some pictures of my new, sweet stroller combo and high chair.
My high chair folds down super easy so its not so bulky and in the way. I love it!
I started having heartburn just at night, then it got worse at night. Then it was acidy reflux yuck stuff and now its heartburn pretty much all day whenever it want's to rear its ugly head.... So everyone meet my new best friend.... Mr. Rolaids. He is with me all the time! In my purse, an arm reach away and right next to my other good friends water and lotion.
We have a love, hate relationship... I hate, hate, hate the gritty, chalkiness but I love that it makes my heartburn and stuff go away super fast! So thanks Mr. Rolaids, but honestly hopefully we won't have to be the best of friends after Hayden gets here...
Friday, October 3, 2008
(click the book to be linked to Devyn's Book Bag)
Cory and I had a nice Conference weekend. I love Conference weekend, even with all the rain! Friday we went to a dinner on my McBride side. My cousin Michael is going on a mission and it was his last dinner hurrah with his family here in Utah before he goes. I haven't seen a lot of my cousins and other family members on that side of my family for a long time. It was nice visiting with them.
Saturday during priesthood session I was supposed to go to my Cousin Erin's baby shower, but sadly I couldn't go. I’m so so sorry Erin! Little Hayden is already causing some horrendous back pain and braxton hick's contractions! I guess my body is just practicing for the real contractions, but they make me so sore. 3 more months....3 more months, is what I keep having to tell myself. Then I can have my little man here with me finally.
And Sunday my Grandma Nelson came over and made her famous roast, mash potatoes and gravy. YUMMY! I've been craving it forever! Thanks Grandma, I love you!
I really enjoyed conference. It was good to be reminded to "enjoy the journey..." This conference also helped me a little with the talk that Cory and I get to give the Young Women next Sunday! I am soo nervous! I was just in young women’s 4 years ago! My aunt in my home ward is Young Women's President. She asked Cor and I to give the lesson on "Marriage Standards" a few weeks ago. I've been really thinking about what I want to say and where to go with the lesson. I hope it goes ok. Young Women are bombarded with so many things that the world throws at them. I hope that the spirit will help me convey how important it is to have good marriage standards. Only a few days left… I will let you know how it goes.
I hope everyone had a nice weekend and will have a fabulous new week!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag more or less 6 people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know he or she has been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Ok so, my first random things.
1. I love, love sauces. Especially A1... I'm not sure why I love it so much. But I can eat it on almost any kind of meat not just steak... hamburgers, pork, turkey, chicken whatever. If there is some left over on my plate I will eat it plain. Weird? Possibly. Gross? Probably. But still, I love drowning all my food in sauces if it's available, Arby’s sauce, Taco Bell's sauce, seriously anything. And another thing that I do with my food that almost everyone thinks is totally weird. I love grilled cheese sandwiches A LOT! And the only way I can eat it is after I grill it I put Miracle Whip on the top of the bread. (Miracle Whip is kinda a sauce right?) I got the strangest looks from my roommates and my husband the first time I made my grilled cheese. They think it is disgusting, I say MMMM MMM!!! Everyone, it is a must try.
2. I am only 22 and have had more surgeries then most. My first one was right before kindergarten to have tubes put in my ears, tonsils and adenoids out, and the hemangioma birthmark removed on my forehead.(it's like a birthmark filled with blood, I have a sweet Harry Potter-ish scar from it, but no one can really tell unless you look hard.) Then second, tubes came out and a second set went in... Third, tubes came out but one ear drum didn't heal right so I have another big scar behind my right ear where they had to cut it open, lay it over to fix the ear drum. My hearing is still pretty good now thank goodness. Fourth, when I was a junior in high school I had a cyst rupture and leave a hole in my ovary so they had to go in and fix that. Fifth, I had to have my appendix and gall bladder removed my senior year. Don't worry people, I'm healthy now! Hopefully my last surgery-ish things will be when I have my babies.
3. When I was little I loved MacGyver!! I don't know if it is long, shaggy, sweet mullet, or his crafty, resourcefulness. Who else can make a bomb or an escape utensil with a toilet paper roll, toothpick, paper clip and a pencil? When you’re in a bind ask yourself, "What would MacGyver do?" My imaginary friend Dorothy and her cat (she is Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ, yes she had a dog, but mine had a cat. Dogs were apparently scary) and I would go out to my swing set with a ball of string and make all sorts of awesome MacGyver contraptions.
4. I'm pretty accident prone. I have a couple scars on my legs from shaving. I have cut myself SO bad a few times I have left big gouges in my leg and they bleed forever. Everyone will be proud to know that I haven't cut myself in a long, long time. But, just last year I dropped a hot iron, and it fell on my leg. Definitely a yucky burn and a nice little scar. I've been this accident prone all my life. I fell so many times on my awesome Barbie bike. It wasn't unusual for my knees and arms and face to be all scabbed up. I went into the dentist many times because of bike crashes. I was eventually made to not only wear a helmet when riding my bike, but knee and elbow pads and.... a mouth guard. Yes people, like a football player’s mouth guard. I can only imagine what people thought when they saw me pedaling down the street. When I was a junior I had a guy I was dating shoot me in the leg with a pellet gun (it was an accident, but of course that’s something random that would happen to me.) It has left a nice little circular scar on my leg. That's another story for another day though. Needless to say, I am always running into something, or dropping things.
5. I hate, hate swimming! It's not the whole getting in a swim suit thing, which I don't like at all either. But it's the water thing that happens to come with swimming.... I don't like putting my head under water. I hate how it feels. I think with all the issues I had with my ears when I was younger is why I hate it. With all the sets of tubes and things with my ears I was always told to not get my ears wet. I had sweet bright orange ear plugs that were specially made for my ears that I had to wear when I would swim. I HATED them! So I would rather not swim then wear those bright orange monsters. I do know how to swim though. I have a good mom who no matter how much I hated it, would make me take swimming lessons every summer. So if I am in a life or death situation I do know how to swim.
6. I don't know what it is about cell phones. I always ruin them! I got a new cell phone for my birthday because my old one was freaking out. I hadn't even had my phone a month and I bumped it off the couch into a cup of water! I don't know how it happened! The cup wasn't even really close to my phone. The stupid cup was like a magnet and pulled it diagonally when it fell off the couch and into it. And it wasn't a big cup either, but it fell perfectly right in the middle of it. PLOP! So luckily I had insurance on it, and I get my new phone... and like 2 months later.... PLOP!!!!!!! It happened again! I could have died! I don't know what the deal is. So I used my last insurance claim for the year. My mom joked that I couldn't hold her grandbaby by large bodies of water. Now I am super, super careful where I put the dumb phone. A cup of water comes nowhere near it.
Ok, now that you know way to much embarrassing things about me... I tag Erin, Devyn, Erina, Joni, Tristen, Amy, and Brittany