Thursday, October 23, 2008

poor brother and cabin fever...

My brother Travis plays for Syracuse High on their basketball team and on Monday he was at the school’s open court playing with a random group of boys. One of the boys, who was screwing around and playing crazy, slams into Trav going for the same ball he was. Now Trav has a broken collar bone and is a ton of pain. I felt so bad; I've never seen him in so much pain. And I also was furious! The kid that ran into him laughed that he had hurt him! What a tool! Its gonna take 3 or 4 months to heal because it’s such a severe break. And the kid that hurt him thought it was funny and doesn't feel bad at all! I could slug the kid in the face. I've been taking care of Trav all week while everyone else has been at work. He has a check up with an orthopedic surgeon on Monday, hopefully we will be able to find out more info on how to make him feel more comfortable and get better faster. I am very protective of my family and was so furious when I found out the kid had hurt him. I love him a ton and am so proud of the man he is growing up to be. He is going to be a great uncle and I know Hayden is really going to look up to him.
Trav wouldn't let me take a picture of him with his sling and stuff... that's much to embarassing... He is so handsome and I love him to death! I hope he gets better soon...



This week I have been a little busier helping out Trav with his poor broken collar bone and I have been completely sucked in with the Twilight Series. Thank goodness for Edward and Bella, however I am at a part in the second book that makes me want to pull my hair out...

Anyway, recently I have been going crazy! And not my normal stressed out worry crazy, that’s to be expected. This crazy is like a, I can't stay busy enough crazy! I am so tired of being inside, cabin fever crazy!!!! I am going to lose my mind... The bigger I get the less I am gonna be able to move around and do stuff and I think I just might go insane. I do the usual day stuff: shower, eat, get ready, etc then I make my random lists, do the dishes and other random cleaning stuff, blog, check my email ANYTHING to stay busy. I am ridiculously tired of TV and I really should stop looking/shopping for baby junk online. Now I know I should be taking full advantage of this extra free time I have in my life right now because in 3 months it will come to a screeching halt! But I am going nuts!! It really makes me miss the kids I worked with in California and all my friends. I love that Cory and I are back in Utah and are close to my family. I really missed them and hanging out with them. But I miss California a little, I miss that I won't be able to wear flip flops and flats much longer, I miss my "girl time" lunches, dinners, and shopping days..... I'm gonna see one of my good friends from California that lives in Orem this weekend. I am so excited! I love hanging out with Cory, but there are sometimes I just want to be with another girl for that estrogen bonding I guess. I'm glad Trav will get better soon and will go back to school then I will be... "All by myself..."(like from the song...like I said I'm losing my mind.) So tomorrow I think I will go find something crafty for me to make so I can keep myself from going totally insane.

Oh and something funny. Hayden has been having all sorts of parties in my belly and is pretty feisty whenever anything touches or pushes on my belly. He will instantly kick or hit away whatever has invaded “his” territory. The other night Cory laid his head on the side of my belly and Hayden almost immediately kicked him in the face repetitively 2 or 3 times. It was way funny; Cory grounded him to staying in my belly for 2 more months. Ha ha ha. I don’t think Hayden will be to upset about that; he seems pretty content in there. I hope his feistiness now isn’t a precursor of what I need to expect in the future…

7 comments:

Devyn said...

I feel so bad for your brother! My sister goes to Syracuse High too.. she is on the dance line. Cortney. I am way defensive of my family too. I get way mad with stuff, and I become irrational telling my brother or sister what they should have said or did back to people. but then i say.. no its better you didnt. im a little mean. ok i can be a lot mean! anyways.. i am also going crazy. because i cant get out of the house.. alone. i wanna shop.. but dont have money. i wanna be crafty.. but dont have money. take pictures of you being crafty so i can live through you. ok.

Devyn said...

oh and my brother goes there too. Jed. I forget he is in high school now. weird.

Unknown said...

That sucks about your bro, I'm so protective of my family too! I hope he gets feeling better soon.

Wifey said...

Your California girls miss you like CRAZY!

We love you so much!

Chaleese said...

I am sorry about your brother. That is awful! I knew you would get sucked into the twilight series. Oh I wanted to pull my hair out during that book too, I think I might have thrown the book across the room at one point.... :) I missed Edward! I am sorry you are feeling a little stir crazy. I didn't have much time to feel like that, I was to busy throwing up the whole 9 months to notice much else. Pregnancy is not a great experience for me. Have you been sick??

Wifey said...

Thanks. We had a lot of fun. Actually- we mainly talked about you the whole time! (Weird) Don't worry- next time you'll be with us when we go.

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

That is horrible about your brother, the guy shoud be ashamed of himself for laughing like that!

Be happy you have so much movement I missed that. My first boy was like that and went crazy, b/c my second was stuck in breech position I never really got to feel him move, unless of course he had the hiccups (which was rather often). Enjoy those are the things you will truly miss about pregnancy!