Monday, December 1, 2008

Our busy busy busy Thanksgiving Weekend!..and stuff

I’m sitting here and it’s already 2 in the afternoon, and my hair is still wet and up in a towel, I’m in my PJ's and have not one little bit of make up on... I’m such a VISION of loveliness! But instead of finally getting ready for the day, I'm going to do a quick post. Mostly for my sanity, because I have a million things to blog about and I will obsess about them all until I do it. One reason I blog is that it's kinda a journal for me, and it’s a good way to get my thoughts out... and it’s kinda a social outlet. Lame I know... It’s been nice being close to my family again after being in California and Texas for so long, but finding my "groove" here has been rough. We are kinda finally getting settled though... sort of... ANYWAY....... Our weekend, it was FABULOUS! I love Thanksgiving. I love having a whole day to just be with family and remember all the things I'm thankful for. Cory and I got 2 days of Thanksgiving. Wednesday we went to my Aunt Terri's and had a yummy, yummy dinner and hung out and played games. I love my family so much. Then Thursday Cory and I drove up to Idaho to have Thanksgiving with his family. It was so nice to see everyone; we don't get to see them very often. There was more yummy, yummy food, and we had so much fun playing with all our nieces and nephews. We are also trying to get ready for Hayden to come. We ripped down old wallpaper and sanitized everything and have started painting... well I haven't but Cory and my brother Trav have. It's been quite the process. I can't wait till the rooms are finished, especially Hayden's nursery... I'll probably cry.

But we had a fabulous, busy weekend. I also got the best surprise ever this Thanksgiving week from my best friends in California. I will blog about that tomorrow probably, and yes there are pictures I will post from this sweet package. It was a "baby shower in a box." That’s all I am gonna say for now.

Now I'm off to at least get half way ready. I'm also trying to get addresses together for my baby shower here. It always takes so much longer than I think it will! It's gonna be an open house deal on the 13th. With yummy treats and me in all my roundness glory! I would love to see everyone’s happy, beautiful faces that can come. :) I also want to get together another day for a "girl's day" sometime before my little guy gets here. Anyone interested?

10 comments:

Wifey said...

Ooh pictures?! That wasn't in the rules. I think.

Don't forget about our girl's weekend tradition this coming year.

Heidi said...

I love how your write - you're so witty and cute.

Anonymous said...

Hey megs we would love to come! me and Brookelyn that is sense no one has seen her other than pictures... we are in the process of moving so you can send it to my moms and ill get it there. Love ya and im so excited to see ya! 432 N Angel st. Kaysville 84037

Wifey said...

He gets so girly with that beard- always asking me if it looks good, etc. Then if he gets frustrated with it he says, "I'm just going to shave it off!" It changes weekly, really. One week he'll have one and then next he doesn't. I don't mind it.

The Atkinsons said...

Megan! You are the cutest! Please put some pictures up of Haydens nursery! I am sure it will be perfect! How is your mom? I have not seen her FOREVER!

Kathy Nielson said...

I would love to come! Keep me posted my dear!

Jacob and Emily said...

I would like to come to the girl's weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun. How is your family doing? I haven't seen them for along time.

Tristyn said...

Hi Megan! Congrats on your baby boy! he is almost here! i hope you have a wonderful holiday season and stay warm up in Utah. Which part of Utah are you living in?

Jacob and Emily said...

our blog is going private. If you would like to see up dates of our family will you please send us your email address.
THANKS

Courtney Beck said...

I'm so excited for you! You always cracked me up in school.