Friday, November 7, 2008

a really stuffy nose...

Warning: this post is full of ramblings... I don’t feel super and I'm by myself . I am trying to distract myself till someone gets home and aids to my loneliness....I'm pretty sure I'm flirting with deliria. So you don't have to read this if you don't want. It's mostly for my benefit...

I have been trying to catch a cold for a long, long time. I have had a stuffy nose on my own a lot of the time ever since I've been pregnant. (weird, I never knew a stuffy nose was a "side effect" of pregnancy.) But I think I have officially caught the cold that everyone has been passing around with this dramatic change in the weather. I think colds are worse when you are pregnant, you can feel yucky and be super uncomfortable at the same time... and there isn't much you can take for them. If anyone has some "get over your cold faster" tips, please let me know. I'm hoping it doesn't get to bad so I need to get a prescription... I've been on enough meds recently. Also with all this new cold weather, it probably doesn't help that I have no real winter shoes. It's been a LONG time since I've endured an entire Utah winter. I love shoes, but I hate shoes. I love flip flops, and heals, and flats, and boots.... but I have yet to find a shoe that is appropriate for winter that I love. AND that I can tolerate while being pregnant. My heals have taken a backseat for awhile... But the search is on....

Hopefully I will get over this dumb cold soon. I am sooo tired of being inside! My grocery shopping and random errand trips aren't cutting it. I'm glad the holidays are coming so there will be more fun things to do with family so that I can get out of the house!!! If anyone is ever going cabin crazy like me and needs an out, let me know!

Also, another random rambling... I have been STARVING recently! I don't know what the deal is. I eat and then 30 min later it’s like I haven't eaten in days! I am getting really round and when I step on the scale at the Doctor its always shocking...I don’t think I am going to look at it the rest of my pregnancy. I hope all this roundness goes away fast, I'm paranoid I'm gonna have perma belly...

Other randomness thoughts:
-I really want sushi and can't wait till I can have some really good stuff soon!
-I also really want Greek food and humus right now....weird? ...and a caramel apple cider from starbucks
-I am super paranoid already about Hayden getting RSV and am already setting up defense strategies so he doesn't get it...I'm already a total protective mama bear
-I can't wait to finish this 3rd Twilight book and start the last one
-It's weird to think I only have 2 months left, and then it won't be just Cory and I anymore
-I'm glad I live in a country that people can voice their opinions. But I'm really tired of how angry people are towards each other and how people are blaming one another. It isn't going to help anything. I hope everyone can come together as a Country and trust in God. We will have to, to get through the tough times ahead...
-I'm not use to the "Utah cold" anymore and am cold ALL the time
-I am still not super excited to make my profile private. I hate how yucky the world is becoming and it really scares me to know that my children will be growing up in it. Hopefully I will be a good mother and be able to instill good morals and values in them so they will always want to do what is right. And always love those around them.
-I can't wait to breathe through my nose again.
-I also can't wait till I can hold my new little man in my arms.

I am now going to stop because my belly is growling... I'm not sure why because I just had some cold cereal...

Again sorry I am so crazy. I'm pretty sure it’s this cold. If you made it through all this I am highly impressed and love you to death. I'm sure it doesn't make much sense.


YAY it’s the weekend! I hope everyone has a fabulously fun weekend!

9 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

I appreciate your randomness :)

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

LOL, its okay. Both of my boys have had RSV. Johnny my oldest got it at 4 months old, it started as pneumonia and went tinto RSV. Gavin my little one got it last winter and was diagnosed on New Years at 18 months old. He got it much worse and was admitted to the hospital and they had to put an IV line in through his scalp :( They actually had a SIX YEAR OLD in there with it!!! I had always thought it was an infants thing. There is nothing you can do to really prevent it. Just cross your fingers I guess....

Amy said...

I was always hungry towards the end of my pregnancy with Peyton, I felt like I was constantly eating!! Sorry you are sick that is never fun when you are pregnant I hope it goes away soon!

Chaleese said...

You are so cute! I love it! I also have a hard time finding winter shoes. It is so hard huh? Nothing is ever really that cute, and if it is, it wont keep your feet warm... I was very pregnant this time last year, and I found some really awesome comfy cute shoes. They look kind of like slippers and they are so soft inside, but they are shoes so I could where them in the snow :) Ok now I am rambling sorry! Your belly will go back to normal! It will take a little while though.... well mine never went back to NORMAL normal? Oh well! I had both my kids in the winter, and I was so scared for them to get rsv too. I did not take them out of the house for months. Sorry this is such a long comment! I just know how you feel! I hope your cold goes away soon!

Devyn said...

hated the stuffy nose thing.. seriously. loved always eating though. dont worry. you'll be fine. it will go back to normal. eat what you crave.. in moderation. i know.. its like you have this unbelievable appitite. (sorry if i cant spell) only two months.. you'll make it.

The Dixon Family! said...

I had the same shoe problem when I was pregnant! I have your solution... :) CLOGS. lol Seriously I am a flip flop nut.. and wore them all winter until I fell down on ice when I was 8 months pregnant. Then I HAD to get some shoes. But I despise shoes.. so I found some little clogs that were all cozy inside and they were so comfortable! And with pants they just look like regular shoes. :) Good luck! Hope your cold goes away soon!

Shannon Masayo said...

smasayo@yahoo.com

you should just get a veggie roll of sushi that is what i did!!!!! yummmy hope you get better soon

Brett and Megan said...

Okay I had the same problem with the stuffy nose thing and it still has not gone away!! I have had a stuffy nose for over 2 years now. I cannot remember what it is like to sleep without my mouth open. Oh man I hope your stuffy nose goes away after you have Hayden

Wifey said...

I do too although I write them that way so everyone can get the funny/ ridiculous feeling of the siutation.

Aw thanks! We'd love to use the internet to perform shoddy oral surgery on your infant after I knock his tooth out. I can't wait.