Monday, December 28, 2009

My Little Man...



Today is Hayden's first birthday.  I am so full of different emotions.  I am so excited because I know there are more fun things to come with the toddler years and Hayden growing up.  But at the same time I am sad cause he isn't my little baby anymore.  He will always be MY baby, but he isn't a baby anymore.. make sense.  He is Mr. Independent, or Mr. If you can do it so can I.  For instance he refuses to eat off his tray.  He must use a fork and/or a spoon.  Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, Aunt Mandi, and Uncle Trav... they all use forks and spoons.  No one else uses their fingers.  So why should he?  So tonight with his birthday cake/cupcakes it should be interesting.  I'm hoping he will eventually just go at it, but it will all have to be on his own terms.  He is such a stubborn little thing.  I have no idea where he gets that from...probably his daddy.  He won't eat any solid food(bread, bananas, beans etc) without seeing that Daddy and I also eat them and think they are sooo yummy.   Except he does love snacks!  He loves his cereal,(jumbo rice krispies and cheerios), cereal bars, yogurt bites, all that yumminess :)  He walks around all over the place and is in to EVERYTHING.  He explores, tries to make amazingly loud noises by banging, or shaking everything(our new neighbors probably love us), he loves to give kisses recently.  Which I ADORE!  I love his big opened mouth, slobbery kisses right on the lips.  I live for them every morning, after every nap, before bed, and any other time I can steal one from him.  He loves putting everything in and taking it out.  A new box of diapers is his absolute favorite!  He loves yanking each diaper out and throwing them backwards up over his head, or across the room.  Or throwing all of his bath toys in the tub is a special part of the day.  Once all the toys are in he will look for anything else to throw in, so far two socks, and his dog have successfully made it in to the tub(he's quick).  He loves loves his bath.  If I could carry him around in a warm bucket of water to play in all day, he would be a very happy camper.  He talks all the time.  Not anything we can really understand other than Ma?! or Mum.  Which he usually calls out when I leave the room and he wonders where I have gone...or when he wants something.  Sometimes Cory and I swore he has said, " 'llo'" for Hello.  Everything and anything is a telephone which he will put on to his general ear area and talk in to.  He loves when I "call" grandma or daddy to talk to and tell them what a good, handsome smart boy he is. :)  But a REAL telephone is the best.  If he gets to play with mommy's or daddy's that is the absolute best.  He also loves the tv remote and any button he can push, or flip or snap or anything he can have control over....It amazes me how smart he is.   He knows where his head or hair is on me and himself, he claps for "patty cake," "yay," and at Trav's basketball games and loves to give hugs and snuggles. He is into everything and already pushes the limits. Like when he is scooting ever so slowly and closer and closer to those super cool electrical cords that his mean mommy wont ever let him play with.  Hayden loves cars, trucks and anything that is puppy or dog related.  He also  loves his new play barn that Santa brought and any book.  He will grab his books and toddle over to Cory or I and hand it to us, meaning, "pick me up and let me snuggle in your lap so we can read this fun book!"  He has 7 teeth!  5 of which all came in at the same time and took about a month or so.  But he is usually such a happy, even tempered boy, it didn't really seem to bother him.  He was just super slobbery. I am so lucky to have such a good very happy little boy.  He also has a little sense of humor.  He loves hiding behind the couch, corner, my back and popping out to scare me with a "ahhh", or a "booo."  Its so funny to see how hilarious he thinks he is.  He also loves doing this hiding game beneath the window on the couch to scare all the cars and the people outside.  He bends down and puts his head down into the couch and pops up "ahhing" or laughing.  He even played this game yesterday with his tub toys.  He is so so funny.  Hayden of course loves his little blue and white dog, which I have talked about before.  D-O-G is his very best friend and sometimes feels like the fourth member of our family. Hayden loooves that little dog, he is his best friend and his bedtime buddy. The poor little dog no longer has a neck, because that is where Hayden always carts him around, and holds on tight at bedtime, so the stuffing is all smooshed. The ears are already matted from being teethed on a billion times and often have to be rung out because they get so slobbery. (dont worry, D-O-G gets a bath at least once a week :) ) 


Hayden is such a happy, special boy.  I am so lucky to be his mommy.  I'm grateful Heavenly Father trusts me enough to be his mommy and raise him to continue to be the sweet, loving, smart boy he is. 

I love you so much Hayden!  I hope you have a special, fun day and you like all your fun birthday surprises and cake.  Daddy and I are so proud of you and the big, smart boy you are.  Kisses!

Love, Mommy

6 comments:

Chaleese said...

You are so cute Megan! You are a great mommy. It is weird to see them grow up huh. This next year with him will be so fun, he will learn and grow so much. You wont believe it. By this time next year he will be talking your ear off! :D He is darling! Happy Birthday cute boy!!!

Jennifer said...

It's crazy how alike our little guys are! Can't wait to see the birthday pics!

Wifey said...

Happy birthday Hammy boy! A year ago I woke up and there was a picture message on my phone with your little chunky face. Then I went to the E.R... but that's a different story.

PS, Meg, I think you'll get a kick out of this: http://uterinewars.typepad.com/ This is my favorite blog... behind yours, of course.

Unknown said...

He is so so cute! Happy Birthday Hayden!

Jessica Havican said...

It's hard for me to believe that we were all singles back in Fresno and now we have families of our own. Time really does fly and I hear it flies by even faster with little ones. You are a cute mommy with a great sense of humor. I love the family pics too!!

ERIN said...

I remember last year when you updated your fb status saying that you were a mommy! Time flies, Eden is 9 months today, ahh! Anyway, Im making my blog private too, so let me know if you want an invite :)