Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vaseline...

Vaseline and I..well, we have a special relationship.  I got to get up close and elbow deep in Vaseline in January.  Unfortunately so did Hayden...

Back Story....

I had been sick for months... MONTHS people, since before Thanksgiving.  Hayden and I would give it to each other back and forth or it just never would totally go away. But every time it came back it came back with a vengeance!  First just a cold, then the flu, then a sinus infection...and then finally in January...it got the better of me.

I had strep... bad.  But that wasn't enough, I also had walking pneumonia. It was the most sick I have ever been. At least since I had mono just after high school.. awful I tell you.  I was in bed, quarantined for days with the humidifier going 24/7, slightly high from pain killers, steroids, and antibiotics.. I had zero voice for over a week.  Then finally I had the luxury of breathing, and then breathing without my throat being on fire or feeling like it would close off at any second.

I could finally watch Hayden again without worrying about passing the nastiness onto him.  So, it was my first day back to "work." I wasn't 100% yet.  My voice was still a tish shakey and I was tired.  But sooo much better than I was.

I heard Hayden wake up that morning and was talking in his bed.  Then I heard him get really, really quiet.  I assumed angels had answered my prayers and sung him back to sleep, even just for 30 min so I could rest a little more. Then a few minutes later I heard, "Maaawwwm..." in a very excited sort of tone.. I knew he had been wide awake the whole time and went to get him.

I get to his hallway to his room and he holding onto the gate in his door way waving frantically and smiling at me.  I also notice he is.. shiny?  I walk closer and gives me a huge! smile, and points to the floor...

and there is was.... the EMPTY Vaseline container. That use to be FULL! of course he couldn't have gotten into the almost gone stuff... that wouldn't be fun..

I think my jaw hit the floor and said something like, "Oh. My. Gosh."  I did a quick scan of Hayden and the area... It was all mashed into the carpet.  It was all over him.  Face, hair, matted into his pjs, the gate, the door, random toys...

What was I to do at that point? The Vaseline wasn't going anywhere, it was already everywhere.  I was still recovering and to tired to really get after him.. and he had just turned two...  that's what two year olds do I guess...

We went over that it was a big huge giant "NO!" to climb up on your books to get the Vaseline jar down off his dresser and open it to play in. (oh ya, he's a smart little thing...I didnt just leave the Vaseline somewhere, it was up on his dresser...) I then stripped him and he went right into the tub.

In case your wondering Vaseline leaves a nice greasy residue.  Even after soaping Hayden up 3 times he was still a tish greasy, especially the one part of his hair that got most of the Vaseline action.  I did get the Vaseline out of the carpet and such.  Thank you dish soap and scrubbing... lots of scrubbing..


The EMPTY Vaseline container.. 

...and a nice THICK layer of it mashed into the carpet and smeared all over the door...

I stripped his pj's off asap so he wouldnt spread it anywhere else.  it was all over his sleeves and neck.. The pj's didn't survive the incident unfortunately.  They went into the trash. May they RIP...**moment of silence for the "bug jammies"**
but how could I stay mad at him.. look how cute he is!!
 "What?"... "Is something wrong"
 "Oh that?!"
"yeah, I did that. Awesome huh?! Mom you missed out.. it was so. fun."
"Oh gosh, you're a little mad. Hurry look cute! "

Oh that boy... love him. But he is soo mischievous sometimes.  Also in January, he found a pen and colored on my couch, and got into the pantry and dumped out a brand new container of baking soda on the floor.

I promise I watch him, he just waits for the one second I'm NOT watching.  Also, the kid has shot up like a weed. He is so so tall!  I under estimate his new sight level.. He can see a whole new world of things that he can get into and explore :)



3 comments:

Devyn said...

Oh my goodness he is a cute little bugger!!!!! I just wanna squeeze the cuteness outta him! And that face with the vaseline.. the mischievious-ness I'm in love with. It's soooo cute on someone else kid. LOL :P
And now for a song to you...
"Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!" You are back!!!! The angels are singing and I have my blogging pal back!!!!!!!!!! I am super happy. Super happy.

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Yay... you are back to blogging!!!! I am so glad! I can not believe he did that! (well actually I can since I have a little girl his EXACT same age! ha ha) I love how calm you are on the video! ha ha Way to be!:) Glad you got it cleaned out of the carpet! RIP bug pj's!

Anonymous said...

lets get some in your bumhole buddy let me see how much i can get in you, my ex's daughter could take almost 3" at your age herarse was so nice, 14 months old the first time