Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An update and stuff....

Well folks! I have finally landed in Utah! It worked out that I could fly back instead of doing that horrid drive from Austin to Utah. Unfortunately Cory will have to do the drive all by himself. I have such a sweet husband; he is always so concerned about the baby and I, and always wants what is best for us. At least the drive will take him a lot less time since I won't be with him to stop a million times! I'm so grateful for good friends that offered to help us out and drive my car back for us. Since our little baby boy is sitting so low and is breech it’s really hard for me to sit for a long time and makes my belly really achy. Hopefully he will turn himself around soon.

So, it’s already September! I can't believe it; the summer went by so fast. The wonderful fall weather is coming in, school is back in session and now there are new things for Cory and I to tackle...Cory and I are still looking for somewhere to live. Everything we find either doesn't have enough space for us, is too expensive, too dumpy, or just doesn't work out. It is sooo frustrating! I hate house/apartment hunting. Hopefully now that I'm back, it will be easier to find something. With moving comes the starting from scratch! Even though I grew up here I’ve been gone a really long time. There is the new place to live, new area, new ward, new friends, new job, new hairdresser, new everything.....Thank goodness my family is so close and is such a support to us. I have missed them so much. It’s so great to be close to family again. Cory will be looking for a job here in Utah and will be doing some classes online through Weber. I'm looking for something part time work and anything to keep me busy. We have about 4 months left till our cute little Hayden comes to join our family. We haven't got anything yet! I'm not worried about it too much yet because really we have no where to put everything. And I didn’t want to haul a ton of baby stuff from Austin. But babies need so much stuff and that is overwhelming. I'm so excited to be mom but hopefully it’s "normal" to have little stress, freak outs about it every now and then. Also, I am going to have to cave and buy some maternity clothes… NONE of my pants will button anymore, some won’t even zip the whole way up. Thank goodness for long shirts so I don’t give anyone a show. They are just expensive and I will only be able to wear them for a little while, plus its hard to find cute maternity clothes that fit right.

Oh, and I have been obsessing about starting the Twilight series! Everyone loves them! Especially this Edward fella... I need to find out what these books are all about ASAP.

I’m so glad to be in Utah and I can’t wait for Cory to get here in about 10 days! If anyone needs a lunch date or would like to come with me on a craving run let me know. I’m excited to hang out and catch up with old friends. Thanks to everyone for your concern, support and prayers for Cory and I. We are so grateful to be back and start our new life here.

10 comments:

Wifey said...

I know I'm in California but I would do ANYTHING to come have lunch with you :o)

Try looping a rubberband through your button hole on your pants and then fastening it to the button... that might buy you more time with your jeans.

Wifey said...

Ps... oh yeah she CONSTANTLY puts Dev in time outs... CONSTANTLY! One time she threatened to call his mom. He just messes with her so much.

Erin Darrington said...

Hey you are in grandma/tot mode too! I can only wear the pants I have that are draw string or elastic wasted. Which basically leaves me two pairs of shorts, and PJ bottoms. You are right maternity clothes are expensive - try staying away from department stores, go to Ross or TJ Max. I don't need maternity tops quite yet, but I saw a shirt at Ross when I was out that was only $6, you can't pass that up (and it is very cute, I wasn't sure if it was maternity or not until I looked at the tag). All of my shirts that would be long on you and just right on me are slowly shrinking... must be something in the detergent, oh wait I'm pregnant, maybe that's why :o). I'm so excited for you two! Hayden is such a good name. We thought we had our name picked out, but now we are all over the place... I guess we have a few months to figure it out right? I hope I get to see you and Hayden tummy in October!
Love you Megan!
Erin

Devyn said...

welcome home! that is so exciting to start new again! everything will work out great!! as long as you are doing what is right the Lord always provides a way. and as for the maternity clothes.. get some! you will probably use them again and its good money to spend so that you are comfortable. i just go to motherhood in the mall.. they usually have quite a few options and it makes it easy to find stuff that fits cute! and do do do start the twilight series.. it will keep you busy for a few days! and a good hairdresser.. i go to morgan weaver. she does a great job.. she works at mild to wild in syracuse.

Shannon Masayo said...

come visit I will rub your belly!!! And I have all the books if ya wanna borrow em...

Amy Jo said...

It sure is nice to be 'home' huh??! I am excited for you guys!! Boys really are so much fun!! and I think the whole freaking out thing NEVER goes away!! I thought I got it over with on the first one... WRONG!! then you have to worry about two kids and on and on and on!! so just enjoy every second, it passes way too fast! (i can say that... i am not pregnant anymore!! haha) and just a small tidbit on something I have LOVED!! Have you heard of 'Baby Wise' ?? it is a book, but it is AWESOME!! it helps get the baby on a schedule type thing.... and my baby has slept through the night since he was 2 mo. old and he is so predictable in the day too, follows the same schedule pretty much everyday!! SWEET huh??! just thought I would share that!

Unknown said...

Yeah maternity clothes are a must. You'll be surprised how much more comfortable you'll be. Until then try a rubber band around the button. It gives you a little more room! Twilight is a must. they are addicting!

Nate and Sarah said...

Yay welcome back! You can come hang out at my house! I am sorry you have to wait for your husband for such a long time...that sucks! Good luck with everything.

Brett and Megan said...

Hey Megan! I had no idea you were pregnant, CONGRATS!! Being a mom is the greatest thing ever. And I also had no idea you guys were living in Texas. Thats fun that you are moving back. Good luck with your pregnancy, I am so excited for you. Boys are so fun!

Wifey said...

I know I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. The temple was really great last night- I'm so glad that I went. Would have helped if you were sitting next to me at a couple points. :o) Hurry up and have Hayden so we can all go get Wassabi!!!