Monday, September 29, 2008

The weekend and counting my blessings.

Cory and I had a fun such a fun weekend. We drove all over Idaho visiting his parents and brothers. We first drove up to the new Twin Falls temple to see his cousins be sealed. It was such a sweet sealing, I love going to the temple with Cory (especially sealings) and the new temple was so beautiful. I'm glad that Bobby and Kelly invited us and we had the opportunity to go to the temple together. We met Cory's mom and dad at the temple, it was nice visiting with his parents, meeting their two exchange students and playing a couple rousing games of UNO. The next day we drove over to Idaho Falls to see Owen, Gena and our nephew Eli. After visiting with them we drove back through Pocatello for dinner with Craig, Heather, and our nieces Peyton, Mylie and our new little nephew Holden. All the kids are getting so big! I couldn't believe how much Mylie and Eli were talking. I wish I would have remembered to take pictures of everyone... next time though at Thanksgiving. We spent a lot of time in the car, but it was so fun. I'm so glad we were able to see everyone and hang out for a little bit. We always have so much fun hanging out with "the brothers," my sister in laws and our cute nieces and nephews. And I love those long car trips with Cory. It gives us lots of time to talk and we always end up laughing really, really hard.

Devyn posted this great TAG before we left for Idaho to think about all the things I'm grateful for. I haven't had time to do it until now. I'm so grateful she did this fun tag. I get so wrapped up in the chaos of everyday life and I forget to remember all the things I have been blessed with.

I am so grateful to know how much my Father in Heaven loves me and that he always answers my prayers. I'm thankful for all the wonderful blessings that come with being a member of the church.

I'm thankful for such a sweet, patient and supportive husband. He is so, so patient with me and all the things that I often stress about. I love him so much and I'm grateful we are going to be together forever. He is going to be such a great daddy and I am so grateful he has been with me to all of my doctor’s appointments. He works so hard to provide for us and he always makes me laugh. No one can make me laugh like he does. He is my very best friend. I love you Cory!

I'm so thankful that I have been blessed with the opportunity to be a mother. I'm very grateful that even though this pregnancy has had its hard moments, Hayden and I are both healthy and he is developing and growing. I love feeling our little Hayden move and kick around in my belly. I'm excited to meet him in a few months.
I really like this picture of him, because I like to think he is waving at us. :)

These are some old ultrasound pictures. The newer ones are on a CD that I can't figure out how to use yet.

I'm so lucky to have such a loving and supportive family. I have such an amazing mom that is such an example to me. She has been with me through thick and thin, and always encouraged and pushed me to be my best. I hope I can be a great mom like her. I love my sister and brother so much. I am so proud of them.




I tag everyone and anyone who wants to remember all the things they are grateful for.

Sarah had a really fun tag too that I will get to soon!

7 comments:

Devyn said...

I love reading this. It is such a good opportunity to remember things we are thankful for even before the holidays. Im so excited for you and Cory to start your own family! You will be great parents!!

Shannon Masayo said...

i love uno! uno attack is great too. You are so cute and going to be a super great mommy!

Wifey said...

Time for my novel: So I looked on the site you sent me and I think it's adorable. It just looks busy because it's showing ALL of the products with that theme. I think you could do without the lamp, receiving blanket and wall border and it would "tone down." I like like the large decals on the wall. I think it's a good mix of the colors that you like and, as he gets bigger, you can go with one mode of transportation or at least have a foundation of colors. Honestly- I REALLY love the fitted crib sheet. Secondly- go back to my blog and find out the details of last night... and the recipe. It's super good! The End.

Wifey said...

I agree. I think it's super cute. By the way- I like that you can see Hammy's ribs in the first ultrasound picture that you posted. At least it looks like it to me. It makes him seem so delicate even though I'm sure he doesn't feel that way when he kicks you.

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Tag you're it! (again)
Come see my blog to see why :)

Jacob and Emily said...

You will love your new little one. You will never get board again. Babies are a lot fun. I'm now a Mom and I love it.

My blog is jacobandemilyadams.blogspot.com

Jacob and Emily said...

Sorry my email address is emilynaylor13@hotmail.com.