Monday, March 16, 2009

Grateful for Children

"Never forget that these little ones are the sons and daughters of God and that yours is a custodial relationship to them, that He was a parent before you were parents and that He has not relinquished His parental rights or interest in these little ones. Now, love them, take care of them... welcome them into your homes and nurture and love them with all your hearts. "-Gordon B. Hinckley

Life Size by Steve Hanks


"A baby is God's opinon that
the world
should go on."
-Carl Sandburg



"Kids:
They dance
before they learn
there is anything
that isn't music."
-William Stafford





The Audition by S. Thomas Sierak


"Children make you want to start life over." -Muhammad Ali


"When God wants a great work done in the world or a great wrong righted, he goes about it in a very unusual way. He doesn't stir up earthquakes or send forth his thunderbolts. Instead, he has a helpless baby born, perhaps in a simple home of some obscure mother. And then God puts the idea into the mother's heart, and she puts it into the baby's mind. And then God waits. The greatest forces in the world are not the earthquakes and the thunderbolts. The greatest forces in the world are babies."
-E.T. Sullivan

A Mother and Son by Robert Duncan


"I love these little people;
and it is not a slight thing, when they,
who are so fresh from God, love us." -Charles Dickens


"We all must work to make the world
worthy of its children."
-Pablo Casals



"While we are trying to teach our children all about life,
our children teach us
what life is all about."
-Angela Schwindt



Consider the Lilies by Simon Dewey



"Children are the past, the present, and the future
all blended into one.
They are consummately precious. Every time a child is born,
the world is renewed in innocence."
-Boyd K. Packer




"My lovely living Boy,
My hope, my hap, my Love,
my Life, my joy."
-Guillaume De Saulluste Du Bartas



7 comments:

Devyn said...

love it love it love it!

Jacob and Emily said...

I love it too! I love reading your blog you always post the cutest things ever. Being a Mom is the Best thing in the world.

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

The pic at the bottom that reads "my hap" is absolutely precious!

Brad and Rochelle said...

He is such a cute baby! I am so happy for you!

Unknown said...

I loved that.. awsome quotes!

Brett and Megan said...

Hayden is stinkin cute!! He makes me a little baby hungry:)

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

http://jleighdesignz.blogspot.com/2009/03/randomness-for-oncethe-drama-that.html Read the last paragraph :)