Friday, March 20, 2009

ohhh that was nice, Stick Em Up! WAY UP!!, and other upcoming events

Soooo.....
Sweet J.Leigh Designs sent me this sweet award. She is so cute, and I feel honored to have been awarded this little "sisterhood award" by her! Thanks so much! She is so talented and everyone should check out her blog as well as her etsy shop! She inspires me to be crafty... which one day, I will attempt... if I only knew where to start!



Here is how it works!
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate 5 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

There are so many fabulous people I wish I could nominate... 5 is so super limiting.... but here we go...
1. Devyn
2. Amy
3. Joni
4. Sarah
5. Kami


Ok, so you may be wondering about the part in my post title that says "Stick 'em up! Way up!!" Cory and I received this little lime green flyer in the mail that says "WARRANT ROUND UP" on it. I figure it’s some fundraiser for the local police or something. I think to myself, "Ohhh, isn't someone clever with the warrant round up stuff on it." Because my brain thinks they are the police so maybe they are doing a play on words like the old western Sheriff people.(hence the “stick ‘em up, cause thats wht they always say in old western movies, I know Im a dork) But is that the case, it’s just a fundraiser? HECK FREAKING NO!!! Cory has 2 stinking warrants out for his arrest! As we took a closer look at this unimportant looking flyer, it says, "Pay your fines or go to jail." We are both dumbfounded; we have no idea what this little green paper is talking about. And the flyer came all the way from good 'ole Travis County... in AUSTIN, TEXAS! The little story behind these lovely 2 Warrants for Cory goes a little something like this:
Once upon a time on August 11th in Austin, TX Cory got pulled over for speeding. After talking his way out of a ticket. Cory thought sweet and thought he was given a warning! And he went on his way and we never thought about it again...HOWEVER! The cop filed it as a ticket! Cory and I moved the beginning of Septemberish back to Utah and we have NEVER received anything about a ticket, of how much it was, or a "hey now your ticket is late you owe this much," or anything that said, "Hey!! You didn't pay your ticket so go to court this day..." No we just went straight for the paper that says pay your fine because you have 2 outstanding warrants, or go to jail. We will come to your home or work or wherever we may find you to arrest you. Juuuuust SSSSUPER! So the first warrant is obviously for not paying the ticket (that we didn't know about) and the second is for failing to appear in court. Lovely. The grand total for the 2 fines is $513!!!! SSSSUPER LOVELY! Cory has to go back to Texas sometime anyway to FINALLY get his car fixed and drive it back. We will probably post bail on the two warrants which is $200 for each bail, so $400. Then when he is there getting his car(it has been sitting there broken down, that’s another long story for another day), he will talk to the judge. If the judge is understanding and we win we will get all $400 back, if not the $400 goes towards our grand total and we will owe the $113 that is left...Wheewww... Always excitement at our house people, you all are missing out! ;) So stay tuned for other upcoming news on our next episode titled, "$513 swindle continued...."

And the last part of my title in this blog... Other upcoming events...

Cory is turning 27 on Monday!! He is such an old man now ;) I'm excited for his birthday; he is taking work off and will hang out all day with me and Hayden. I am making his favorite dinner(million dollar spaghetti, its sooo yummy, let me know if you want the recipe), and there will be the usual cake, ice cream and presents...I’ll be sure to post lots of fun pictures...
Also on Monday... We are getting Hayden's 3 month pictures taken! I can't believe he will already be 3 months this week. He's getting so big, it's so crazy how fast it’s gone by. Ill also post his pictures up. I’m debating on whether or not I want to bring his little Jordan outfit; ya know... the one that is black with the gold chain... I think it’s funny, but we'll see... what do you think, bring it or not bring it?(if you don't know what outfit I’m talking about, scroll down to his blessing day post... you'll see it)

I love that it is spring time!! It's been sooo nice to get out of the house and take Hayden on walks. I’m bummed it is going to rain/snow tomorrow and Monday... but hopefully it will perk back up and be nice spring time weather again. I love spring and Easter time! It’s totally my favorite. Happy Spring everyone!!

(Oh and another little plug, our good friend Dave made this video about living in the 801! He is honestly THE funniest guy I have ever met. I love him to death, so check out this video and if you like it share it on your facebook if you like it. He is trying to get it featured on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ9TTCTyid4 )

8 comments:

joni said...

Thanks for the award, that's so sweet!
And for that ticket business - that's CRAZY! I would totally be flipping out. I hope ya'll get it sorted out so you don't have to pay that ridiculous amount!
I'm totally in for the million dollar spaghetti recipe, with a title like that it MUST be awesome!

Erin Darrington said...

Million Dollar Spaghetti?! Hook a sista up! So much for inadvertently running for the law eh? So lame, hope that all works out for you guys as best as it can.

JADE said...

Congrates on the award! That is crazy for the ticket stuff. My husband traded in a car a couple of years ago and about a year and a half later he was given papers because of one of the past owners had a bad title. Its a long story but he almost had to go to court and we had to pay 1,000 so they would leave him alone, and it sucked. Also my husband loves spaghetti too, I'll have to get the recipe and make him so million dollar spaghetti...

Wifey said...

See... I told you the warrant would be funny someday. Maybe it's a good thing you were two states away because when you first told me I was laughing.

:o)

Bryan and Hollee said...

You are too funny! I always love reading your posts they make me laugh! I'm sorry to hear about your stupid ticket and i'd love to hear about that spaghetti! I hope your hubby's birthday went well! take care!

Craig and Aly said...

Oh my gosh! What a crazy story! Life always keeps you jumping, huh? I too would love your spaghetti recipie!

Devyn said...

I haven't ever commented on this post.. sorry im lame. Thank you for the award! And sorry I haven't ever passed it on. but i do feel honored! I can't believe the whole warrent thing.. and that is a freaking lot of money! Goodness! Happy birthday to you hunny.. I DO want the receipe PLEASE! Sounds delicious.. we love spaghetti here at our house! I've been waiting to see the pictures you had taken.. or hear how it went!!

Nate and Sarah said...

Thank you SOOOO much for the award! I am so flattered! I will post about this soon!