Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Where are they now....

I figured it would be a good idea to give a little update on our lives as of today....

We still live in Texas and love it.  We miss our family terribly but we know for right now this is where we are supposed to be.  We have made life long friends that have truly blessed our family.  When you are SUPER far away from any of your family it is amazing how close you get to your friends and people around you.  We are so lucky to have such supportive and loving friends and ward family at church.

Things I love about Texas:
The food...oh the food.  I could go on and on about it.  Best food you will ever eat is here.  BBQ that is shut the front door amazing.  And food trucks.  I don't know why food coming out of a truck is so magical, it just is. 
I love how nice everyone is to everyone! People just smile at people.  That they don't know! It is great. :)
I love the "yes mam" and "no sir" stuff.  And yes we expect Hayden to say it. I love how respectful it is. It is even better to hear it from some of my friend's kiddos who have a little southern drawl.  Oh my heart.  You say "yes mam" and I will give you whatever the heck you want kid. Cutest thing ever.
Texas Springs, Fall and most of Winter.  It's perfect.  And I don't miss driving in or shoveling snow.
Blue Bonnets every Spring.  Gorgeous.
Y'all.  Yup the word y'all.  I'm not sure at what point that word crept into our everyday vocab.  But we all use it.  Often. I really love it. 
Blue Bell Ice Cream.  It WILL change your life. 
Tim Riggins. Clear eyes, full hearts... ('nuff said...Texas forever.)

The humidity we are use to now. We are pretty much permanently sweaty all summer and I have really super flat and frizzy hair.  But so does everyone else so it's all good.  We live at the pool or indoors.

I have a love hate relationship with the bugs here.  I hate them because..well they are bugs. Usually they are HUGE, gross and either bite or sting.  When you walk in the grass you always watch for fire ant mounds.  I haven't laid in the grass forever.  BUT they pay our bills.  Cory is the regional manager for the technicians of a pest control company here.  He travels.  A lot.  But again, it pays the bills and we are blessed that he has such a great job.  We will also tag along sometimes on some of his trips to see more parts of Texas. Dallas...Houston here we come. Road Trip!

Cory is pretty swamped with the craziness of pest control summers, he works with the young men at church and plays church ball when he can.  He loves his kids, me, sports talk radio, BYU, funfetti cake with rainbow chip frosting, anything sport related and twitter.

Hayden is 4 1/2.  He has a huge imagination that is always going.  He loves pretending, learning, art projects, wrestling with daddy and helping me cook/bake.  We love him so much.  He has a HUGE personality that is always keeping us on our toes and laughing.  He wants to be obedient and make good choices.  He is our big helper and an amazing brother.  He is my favorite little buddy and I don't know what I will do when he leaves me to go to Kindergarten next year.

 Halli is 4 months.  That little but chunkalicious girl has so much sass!  She is determined, has an opinion, has found her voice, and is so spunky.  She thinks she is much older than she is and wants to be involved in whatever is going on around her.


She is already rolling all over the place.  She adores her brother, no one can make her laugh like he does.  She has rolls upon rolls of chubbiness and I love kissing her all day.  She has added so much joy to our family.  I didn't know my heart could love so much with my two sweet, beautiful kids.


I love being a mom.  I know my babies won't be babies forever.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to be home with them all day.  Sometimes it is rough.  I step on multiple legos, I smell like baby poo and spit up, I haven't shaved my legs in days, my kitchen may look like a dish explosion and most of my meals are eaten cold... but I love my kids.  I love watching them learn new things and come into their own personalities.  I am the Relief Society Secretary and try to keep things organized.  I love getting to know the women at church.  They inspire me to be better.  I am so grateful for the blessing of Relief Society.  I contribute to a fun blog called Momspotted.com.  It has been so much fun.  I forgot how much I love to write!  I am a stress baker and eater.  I love to bake, cook and try new recipes.  I will be posting a few on here every now and then of our favorites. I love to read, peanut butter m&m's from the fridge, girl's nights, I'm addicted to taking pictures of the kids and shoes.

That is a tiny bit of our life right now.  To be continued..... :)


No comments: