Saturday, August 3, 2013

Journey Stories...

It has been over 2 years since I kept up on the ole' blog.  2 years!  Sooo much changes in 2 years.  Hayden is 4 1/2 (ya, let that sink in..while I cry in the closet eating Oreo's by the sleeve because my little buddy is almost 5), we bought our first house in a cute neighborhood(we really do have cowboy neighbors), a sweet n' sassy little princess was added to the Hamilton family...blessed people.  We are blessed.

When I first stopped blogging we had just started Hayden's speech process.  It was a long road and a lot of work but now he has been dismissed from speech.  You would never know he had such a severe delay. We also bought our first house right around that time, then it was summer...and I never got caught up.  I figured photobooks would be good enough and facebook would keep our family updated...I didn't need to blog.

Until recently... I had our sweet Halli on March 28, 2013.  I kept having this feeling that I needed to blog.  I had gotten that thought before in the past but brushed it off. But this time the feeling was more urgent.  I kept getting the feeling over and over I NEEDED to blog.  I would read talks in the Ensign about family history and why it is important to keep records of our thoughts, feelings, and happenings in our families.  Then I would go to church and sacrament meeting would be about family history.  A friend posted a wonderful talk called Your Wonderful Journey Home by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  In his talk, President Uchtdorf talks about how everyone has their own "journey stories," Dorothy and Toto, Bilbo Baggins... and as I am reading this with all the other thoughts of family history swimming around in my brain I get in a "slap in the face" thought of  "Hey Megan! I don't know what else I need to do for you to journal and keep a record of your family! JUST DO IT ALREADY!"  Esh..*enter guilty feeling*...I really hope I am not the only person that needs a wake up call, or a slap in the face every once awhile from the Lord that I should be doing something.  I want the blessings of keeping my family history.  I hope one day when our kids read this, or their kids, or their kids' kids(?), someone will laugh at the fact that neon came back into fashion, and read about the trips we took, and the memories we made.  I hope that I might be able to inspire and uplift one of them with my thoughts about the world, about being a mom and my unwavering testimony of the Savior.

So here I go again.. Blogging and I couldn't be more excited about it.  I hope this will also be a way to keep us connected to our family and friends that are way too far away.  Some things are still the same around here too.  I still am a helicopter mom and probably way too protective of my babies.  Cory still keeps me grounded and reminds me to let them be kids.  My kids are the cutest most beautiful babies ever.

I love being a mom, I love being married to my best friend and I am pumped to re-start our very own Journey Story with all the funny, the messy, and the happy parts.

1 comment:

Jolynne said...

Megan! I love that you started blogging again! I have fallen in the same boat as you! Maybe this will be the motivation to start blogging too? :)